Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Zebra Dreaming

I picked up my guitar this morning and really played it and really sang for the first time in... years? Several anyway. I went up on my anti-depression drugs a few days ago because I was being overwhelmed by my success. My success I think was mistooken hypomania but, labels aside, bottom-line, I was spending too much time in bed. Just when my business is getting good. So up we go.

I played Mr. DiddyWahDiddy, To Sir with Love, The Married Men, and parts of some other songs. It was good, it was really good. Not me, just it. I got up from the sofa and put the guitar down after about a half an hour and I am not who I was when I sat down.

I am hungry now so I'm going to go fix some eggs in my black iron skillet and some raisin toast. Probably make another cup of coffee after. Maybe take a shower. Then work.

May all beings have peace. May all beings have music in their lives. May all beings have someone they can call "friend."

1 Comments:

At 8:05 PM, Blogger oklahoma exile said...

Doesn't it feel good just to sing for singing's sake? I know the zebras love it and the cats and the dogs. The people love it, too, actually.

Music makes the world go 'round

 

Post a Comment

<< Home